Patent Agent & IP Contract Administrator
Company: Ecovative Design, LLC
Posted on: November 27, 2019
The fast-paced, early-stage industrial biotech company is seeking a
collaborative Patent Agent and Intellectual Property Contract
Administrator to develop and maintain an IP strategy that aligns
with business strategy. This role captures innovations, identifies
patentable inventions, conducts freedom-to-operate assessments, and
prepares and maintains patents.Ecovative is an exciting biotech
company based in New York. Our founders are TED talk alumni and
have been recognized as innovative entrepreneurs on the Forbes 30
Under 30 list. Our work has been featured in The New York Times,
Fast Company, Wired, Forbes, and CNN.What You---ll Love About Us:
- Fantastic Team Culture.--Innovative team with diverse interests
(from race cars to off-grid living).
- Excellent Benefits.--Health, dental, vision, retirement, EAP,
PTO, tuition reimbursement
- Time to Connect.--Earth Day community work, retreats, holiday
events, pie day, costume competitions, pumpkin carving, outings,
food, etc.Ecovative---s Patent Agent and IP Contract Administrator
- Prepare, draft and prosecute patent applications and maintain
- Develop and maintain IP in alignment with business
- Create IP policies and procedures.
- Support cross-functional teams in reviewing publications,
presentations and other IP-related. documents and communications
before public disclosure.
- Monitor competitive space and perform related research and
- Manage confidentiality agreements and material transfer
- Organize and maintain IP and contract files; prepare reports
related to contracts, patents and trademarks.
- Liaise with outside counsel.Minimum Qualifications and
- Bachelor---s degree in science or engineering with a minimum of
three (3) years of research and development experience and five (5)
years in a Patent Agent role.
- Registered Patent Agent with the USPTO.
- Aptitude for analyzing, thinking critically, and
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision,
prioritizing a range of assignments and exercising sound business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to complete
assignments on schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and positively to
shifting demands and priorities and to work successfully with
others to advance organizational goals.
- Highly collaborative with strong professionalism and
interpersonal skills and a creative and collaborative
approach.Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:Experience
drafting, reviewing and negotiating IP contracts, including
research agreements, joint development agreements, license
agreements and consulting agreements preferred.Ecovative is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Ecovative Design, LLC, Troy , Patent Agent & IP Contract Administrator, Sales , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!