Senior Computer Programmer Analyst HV-NTP-949
Company: Hudson Valley Community College
Posted on: January 7, 2019
Notice Of Vacant Position Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, New York. In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check. Senior Computer Programmer Analyst HV-NTP-949 Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and three years experience in programming OR Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field and five years experience in programming OR seven years experience in programming.
- Experience with Oracle database application programming with demonstrable ability to develop applications using Oracle SQL and/or PL/SQL; Ability to construct complex SQL statements; Working experience with Java; Working experience with releational databases and relational database design, preferably Oracle or equivalent.
- Very good oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new programming languages and skills. Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with Ellucian Banner programming support and with system analysis and system design in a post-secondary educational environment.
- Experience with project planning for application development and implementation.
- Working experience with Java, Groovy and Grails Web Application development and/or equivalent Web application development.
- Working knowledge of SQR; Experience with Git; Experience with Evisions/Argos or equivalent Enterprise Reporting Solution.
- Provides programming support for Ellucian Banner including the Alumni/Development, Finance, Financial Aid, Human Resources, General, Student and Self-Service modules in an Oracle database environment.
- Provides system analysis, system design, implementation planning and documentation preparation for necessary enhancements to the above Ellucian Banner modules in an Oracle database environment.
- Provides programming support for design, coding, testing and installation of necessary enhancements to the above Ellucian Banner modules in an Oracle database environment.
- Provides programming support for interface of the above Ellucian Banner modules to other College academic and administrative systems in an Oracle database environment.
- Provides interface to user department personnel for assigned Ellucian Banner modules.
- Aide in the adoption of new technologies such as Groovy/Grails and supporting applications integrated with Ellucian's Banner software.
- Provides support for Third Party software interfacing with Ellucian Banner including, but not limited to, Evisions Formfusion, Intellecheck and Argos, Clean Address, EMC XTender and AppWorx.
- Provides limited supervision with respect to system analysis, system design, documentation preparation, programming support, project assignment and project monitoring for Computer Programmer Analysts.
- Provides advisement and consultation support on a routine basis for Computer Programmer Analysts and for Computer Operations staff.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and skill with current information technology systems.
- Performs related duties as assigned. The Salary Range is $68,000-$72,000. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged. Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer
Keywords: Hudson Valley Community College, Troy , Senior Computer Programmer Analyst HV-NTP-949, Professions , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!