Sales Manager - Installation Systems - Commercial Construction
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Primary location: Albany, New York
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Location: Work from home position located in New England
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
Armstrong World Industries, Inc., has a job opportunity for an
Installation Systems Sales Manager to cover all of New England and
upstate NY. The Installation Systems Sales Manager's work centers
around developing and maintaining business for Armstrong ceilings,
suspension systems, and grid systems, with architects, contractors,
owners and distributors. Additionally, the Installation Systems
Sales Manager will be providing both technical solutions and
installation assistance to the contractor installing Armstrong
ceiling and wall systems as well as analyzing, developing, and
recommending appropriate solutions to installation issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Acting as the product expert within the sales team and for all
Armstrong clients and customers
- Driving specification and sales of ceiling systems by analyzing
and meeting customer needs and problems
- Identifying opportunities, problems, needs, and solutions
through relationships with customers, the ability to read blue
prints and with frequent visits to job sites
- Working with contractors to understand their issues and to
coach and train them on Armstrong systems and capabilities
- Occasionally working out of the Armstrong regional installation
- Investigating claims and complains as well as recommending
- Driving conversations on standard and specialty ceilings and
Requirements that will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; or equivalent industry
- 3+ years experience in project management, estimating, or
- Demonstrated technical skills, including carpentry, hands-on
- Demonstrated ability to read and analyze blueprints
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Having the ability to build positive relationships with a
variety of customers
- Must be proficient in working with computer software such as
Microsoft Windows applications
- Prior experience in ceiling installation and/or building
- Field measurement experience
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing
network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Installer, Construction, Manager, Carpenter,
Manufacturing, Engineering, Management, Sales
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Troy , Sales Manager - Installation Systems - Commercial Construction, Professions , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!