Service Maintenance Manager
Company: The Community Builders Inc
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Service Maintenance Manager
About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods
across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of
America's leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our
mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of
all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Under the direction of the Community Manager, the Service
Maintenance Manager (SMM) is responsible for all the physical
operations of the community, particularly the preservation and
maintenance of the structures on the site, preparation of market
ready homes and providing ongoing service to the residents. A
primary role of the SMM is to deliver leadership, mentoring and
direction to enhance the skills of employees and foster a
collaborative, positive work environment, and providing a quality
living environment for all residents.
- Identifies current and future maintenance project requirements
- Achieves financial objectives by adhering to an annual
- Coordinates projects with purchasing, initiates corrective
actions, and anticipates long-term issues
- Provides recommendations for capital and renovation/project
- Manages inventory control operations
- Prepares routine and special reports by collecting, analyzing
and summarizing information and trends
- Adheres to Federal, State and local regulatory compliance
related to building code
- Oversees and/or assists in capital improvement and renovation
- Manages all vendor services and general contracts
- Manages all HVAC equipment, appliances, vehicles, large power
- Tracks anticipated capital improvements such as carpet,
asphalt, HVAC, hazard and roofing repair and replacement.
- Manages warranty contracts and records
- Prepares Preventive Maintenance Plan which includes: boiler
pressures and temperature, hallway graffiti, elevators, life
safety, emergency lighting, snow logs, stair condition, outside
inspections and certifications, etc.
- Manages shop and maintenance garage / storage areas for
organization, inventory and safety compliance.
- Coordinates inspection and emergency notices that need to go
out to residents
- Set example for a other Service Staff in matters of dress,
appearance and demeanor
- Available for 24-hour emergencies and maintenance on-call
- Commutable radius to property
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights
and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 100 pounds across
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college or
trade school desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in
property management, hospitality or retail experience
- 3+ years of multi-site, multi-family multi-property type
operational management experience, preferably with a portfolio of
properties that contain a mix of residential property types or a
comparable role in hotel/resort/retail management.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years advanced experience in
hands on plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and electrical
- Experience in training, budget development and managing
expenses; bid and managing vendors, service and general building
contractors are essential skills.
- One or more industry-Trade certifications (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA,
HVAC, ETC) required or eligible.
- Willingness to get certification within 6 months of hiring to
meet any specific site/area needs.
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
The Community Builders is committed to ensuring diversity in its
workplace. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
Keywords: The Community Builders Inc, Troy , Service Maintenance Manager, Professions , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!