Senior Online Learning Support Specialist
Company: Hudson Valley Community College
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Senior Online Learning Support Specialist
NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the
Non-Teaching Professional staff of Hudson Valley Community College,
Troy, New York.
Senior Online Learning Support Specialist HV-NTP-2015
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must
meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background
check. Please note: HVCC does not sponsor VISAs.
Minimum Requirements: Master's Degree in Educational Technology,
Computer Information Technology or related discipline with three to
four years of experience working in the field of Online Education
Support or related field. Expertise in the Blackboard Learning
Management System. Familiarity with Blackboard System
Administration module panel. Experience providing technical Help
Desk services in a busy and rapidly evolving environment.
Familiarity with Blackboard Building Blocks and LTIs. Demonstrated
strong organizational, conceptual and diagnostic troubleshooting
and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated training or staff
development experience. Demonstrated skills in multimedia and web
applications. Ability to work independently and collaboratively as
a member of a tightly integrated unit. Excellent customer service
skills. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Effective public speaking, presentation and listening skills.
Duties and Responsibilities, Technical Support:
- Provides daily Blackboard LMS technical support to faculty and
students via the Help Desk role, by phone, email and in person, to
resolve end user technical issue, escalating as necessary.
- Coordinates the Distance and Online Learning Help Desk,
including tracking and compiling Help Desk data for unit
- Reviews Blackboard LMS monthly release notes for continuous
deployment updates, tests on staging instance for potential user
issues, faculty and student workflow changes, and/or new
functionality, before updates are applied to production. Documents
and communicates findings, informs ITS and contacts Blackboard if
problems are found.
- Updates and maintains the Help Desk Organization for internal
- Collaborates with Instructional Designers on updates of
technical components of online and web-enhanced training materials
for faculty workshops and independent training.
- Initiates and conducts level 1 and 2 diagnostic troubleshooting
and tracking of Blackboard LMS system and integrated software
tickets, using elevated SysAdmin access.
- Liaison with ITS on LMS testing and maintenance, Open SUNY
Helpdesk, and CLC staff for Bb updates impacting students.
- Participates in relevant SUNY Workplace groups, online learning
listservs such as Bb Community, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities, User Support:
- Maintains current knowledge of the college's policies and
procedures for the LMS and its users.
- Works in a collaborative team environment to deliver user
support services via email, phone, web conferencing, and in-person
to online students, faculty and staff, including on-demand
- Creates and maintain tutorials and end-user documentation using
appropriate application software and authoring systems (ex.
WordPress, Camtasia, PowerPoint) to support online
- Develops and maintains Blackboard LMS Orientation online course
for students, and work with other college departments to improve
online access to student services.
- Develops and maintains Blackboard LMS online course for using
Organizations, for faculty/staff/administrators.
- Participate in professional development activities such as
workshops and conferences in order to keep current in Help Desk
best practices and tools, instructional technologies, and help
prepare papers and reports on Hudson Valley Community College
distance learning initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Salary Range is $58,000-$60,000
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and
veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Keywords: Hudson Valley Community College, Troy , Senior Online Learning Support Specialist, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!