College & Employment Services Specialist
Company: Hudson Valley Community College
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the
Non-teaching Professional staff at the Capital District Educational
Opportunity Center, which provides vocational and academic training
to economically and educationally disadvantaged adults.College &
Employment Services Specialist EOC-NTP-115--Please Note: In order
to be considered an applicant for this position, you must meet the
minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants
must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Appointments will be contingent upon completion of a background
check.--Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have a Bachelor---s
Degree and two years--- experience in Community/Public Relations,
Human Resources, Academic & Vocational Career Planning and
Placement, or closely related field OR an Associate---s Degree and
four years of relevant experience.--Pertinent Other: Demonstrated
knowledge and experience working with multicultural and low income
populations; Broad range of knowledge of academic vocational
programs; Familiarity with higher education, the Social Service
system, and case management techniques; Familiarity with computer
applications, particularly word processing, Internet, and Excel;
Demonstrated verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills, detail-oriented, ability to work well with others and as
part of a team, patience, persuasive and a congenial personality.
Ability to conduct presentations to academic community, employers,
and students.--Duties and Responsibilities: The College &
Employment Specialist reports to the Program Coordinator and
performs the following duties:
- Supports students in successfully achieving college and
employment goals through comprehensive assessment of needs,
training, academic and job development, placement, and retention
- Conducts college and employment related presentations to the
community, employers, and students.
- Promotes EOC programs and develops marketing plans to reach
area colleges and employers.
- Contacts prospective employers and college personnel to explain
how EOC students can meet their expectations and needs.
- Contacts potential employers to solicit job openings and
college opportunities, refers employment and academic information
opportunities to Program Coordinator for posting and distribution
to appropriate staff.
- Responds to calls of inquiry and openings and clarifies
academic and vocational interest for position and academic
- Attends area job and college fairs and other related programs
to market the EOC and its graduates.
- Prepares monthly plan identifying college personnel and
employers to be contacted, meetings (internal and external), and
planned presentations; submits monthly field reports on all
- Initiates and develops academic and employer contacts for
Internships, job and college placement.
- Maintains on-going contact with college personnel, employers,
instructors, and counselors to discuss students--- placement and/or
performance in work assignments.
- Serves as a liaison between EOC staff, college personnel, and
- Works with faculty and staff in EOC departments to design
college and job-related activities for students.
- Provides individual and group orientations/presentations,
career coaching and academic assistance for students.
- Reviews and critiques resume profiles and college applications,
and educational documents of students.
- Reviews projected graduates for placement requirements; matches
student skills, experience and interest to employment and academic
needs; markets and promotes students to employers and colleges;
refers students to potential employers and college personnel for
interviews; follows up with employers and candidates on progress
and status of candidates.
- Conducts visitations to follow up on students placed in
employment and college.
- Develops employment and/or academic plans with students.
- Conducts post-placement follow up and reporting.
- Follows up with students who do not retain employment or
college placement for the purpose of re-enrollment or further job
- Maintains through records of student contact, placement and
- Completes placement memos for student files confirming
employment and college information, and submits to supervisor.
- Publicizes and builds a positive public image for EOC with
Capital Region public, private and non-profit organizations and
- Projects a professional appearance and positive,
service-oriented attitude to all students, staff, employers, and
the academic community.
- Participates in special programs on an as-needed basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.--Salary range is
$37,500-$40,500--To apply please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs before the
close date of November 24, 2019.--Hudson Valley Community College
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans
are encouraged to apply
Keywords: Hudson Valley Community College, Troy , College & Employment Services Specialist, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!