Network Support Specialist (Proactive Support)
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
Responsible for taking technical support calls from customers and
troubleshooting to identify appropriate resolution for managed
services such as managed broadband, managed Wi-Fi, managed router,
and security delivered over BCI and/or MetroE. Supports and
maintains enterprise grade switches, firewalls and VLAN
controllers. Manages switching at the layer 2 level, via CLI
(Cisco, HP/Aruba, Brocade/Rukus). Verifies network outages and
escalate to appropriate fix agents to ensure timely resolution,
with a primary emphasis on a quality first call resolution.
Accurately documents problems including detection information,
diagnostic results and repair information by utilizing the trouble
ticketing system, customer portal and network monitoring tools.
Uses multiple software systems and applications to ensure customer
service orders and repair tickets are completed accurately and on
Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for
individual results and impact on team.
- Handle inbound customer repair request via phone, portal, email,
and network monitoring tools. - Regular completion of high-level
Wi-Fi network performance reviews and audits.
- Manage ticket queues.- Supports and maintains enterprise grade
switches, firewalls, and VLAN controllers.- Manages switching at
the layer 2 level, via CLI (Cisco, HP/Aruba, Brocade/Ruckus).
- Interface with incumbent local exchange carriers, field service
technicians and other internal partners as needed to resolve
customer troubles.- Remains current on all assigned technical brand
standards and reporting metrics to focus maintenance efforts to
increase guest satisfaction- Effectively communicate pertinent
information to the Proactive team, Primary customer contacts and/or
- Properly document all interactions within ticketing systems.
- Utilize tools and resources to troubleshoot and repair managed
services customer problems.
- Assist with identification of chronic customer access issues.
- Achieve standards for consistent performance (scorecards).
- Identify and report deficiencies and best practices to
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Network+, CCENT, Ciena CE-A or similar industry certifications
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience. Employees at all
levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for
how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of
our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our
digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Troy , Network Support Specialist (Proactive Support), Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!