Machinist/Tool & Die Maker
Company: Gurley Precision Instruments
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Since 1845, Gurley Precision Instruments has been making quality
products for the hydrological, optical component, paper testing,
military and aerospace industries. We are looking for an
experienced/qualified Machinist/Tool & Die Maker. Responsibilities
- Analyze specifications, blueprints, sketches, models, or
descriptions, and determine materials, machines and tools required
to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly
method and sequence of operations.
- Sets up and operate conventional machine tools such as lathes,
milling machines, drill presses and grinders to machine parts and
verify conformance of these parts to specifications.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds to position and secure machined
parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in
the fabrication of parts or products.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts
for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such
as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Ability to perform machining work independently with little
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to apply good problem solving techniques.
- Strong familiarity with micrometers, calipers, height gauges,
calculator and reading blue prints.
- Experienced in using various saws, milling machines, grinders,
lathes and drill presses.
- Possesses hands on experience with all hand tools and machine
- 5+ years of experience as a Machinist / Tool & Die Maker.
Please apply to
Keywords: Gurley Precision Instruments, Troy , Machinist/Tool & Die Maker, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!