Guest Advisor (Store 6649)
Posted on: February 12, 2024
At GameStop, we are committed to providing exceptional service
and delivering the latest and greatest in gaming products to our
customers. As a leading global retailer of video games,
electronics, and gaming merchandise, we take pride in offering a
wide range of products that cater to the needs and desires of
gamers worldwide. Our mission is to create unforgettable
experiences for our customers by constantly pushing the boundaries
of what's possible. Whether you're a hardcore gamer or just
starting out, we've got something for everyone. Join us in our
mission to shape the future of gaming and bring the best gaming
products to the world!
Working with direct or close supervision, the Guest Advisor
consistently delivers outstanding guest service experiences in a
sales culture using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and
reservation business model, the Circle of Life. This position
ensures products are easy to see and buy, builds sales by sharing
product and gaming knowledge with guests, and provides a clean,
organized environment in which to shop. Guest Advisors utilize
their professional conduct and passion for gaming to ensure each
guest has an excellent experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provide best-in-class guest service: promptly greet guests;
respond to guest questions/concerns quickly, effectively, and
courteously; assist guests with meeting their video gaming needs;
inform guests of special promotions; recommend additional items as
appropriate; apply all selling behaviors during every transaction
and thank every guest for shopping at GameStop; prioritize guests
over tasks and demonstrate that commitment by circulating
throughout the store.
- Support the total shopping environment, including visual and
operational elements, current sales initiatives, and the guest
relationships that lead to sales and repeat business.
- Promptly and accurately process guest purchase transactions
using Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system via PC keyboard,
including making correct change, placing merchandise in a bag,
providing a receipt, and ensuring top notch guest service.
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the
phone; answer phone calls promptly, courteously, and
professionally, using the phone greeting provided by GameStop;
escalate customer issues and complaints to the appropriate
supervisor in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that all areas of the store, including restrooms, are
clean, organized, and merchandised per company guidelines.
- Protect company assets through effective inventory control and
loss prevention practices, including scam awareness, and safety
- Promote GameStop's unique guest benefits, e.g., new title
reservations program, trade-in program, and Pro Rewards guest
- Assist in stocking/restocking of merchandise on shelves and
fixtures and moving product from the stock room to the front of the
store to ensure that all products in the store are represented,
organized, and alphabetized on the selling floor.
- Assist store team in meeting and exceeding sales, profit, and
- Assist with checking in shipments for
- Consistently adhere to GameStop policies and procedures,
including, but not limited to, all policies and procedures in the
Associate Handbook and the Code of Standards, Ethics & Conduct.
- Must present proof of ability to legally work in the United
- Must be at least 18 years old.**
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous retail or guest service experience preferred.
- Video game knowledge preferred.
KEY JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess an outgoing and welcoming personality with strong
- Provide genuine and individualized assistance to every guest
during every visit.
- Demonstrate clear verbal communication and listening skills,
both in person and on the phone, using spoken English; bilingual
English/Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred.
- Achieve objectives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Work independently and within a team to perform all tasks as
- Meet associate performance expectations, including, but not
limited to, attendance, personal appearance, safety, and respectful
- Operate Point-of-Sale (POS) computer system.
- Possess basic mathematical and alphabetizing skills.
- Complete required paperwork properly.
- Bend, stoop, crouch, balance, stretch, reach with arms/hands,
climb on ladders, lift merchandise weighing up to 30 lbs. from
ground level to minimum height of 4 feet, and utilize other basic
fine and gross motor skills.
- Stand and move throughout the store unassisted for up to 8
hours per day.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and some
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
Job descriptions are subject to change at any time based on
business conditions/needs, including changes to the essential job
duties, qualifications, and/or key job skills and abilities
consistent with the position's purpose. GameStop considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
gender identity and expression, marital or military status.
GameStop provides reasonable accommodations to qualified
individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
*Certain State-specific exceptions may apply
**Unless prohibited by applicable law
Full-time store positions at GameStop are also eligible to
participate in incentive programs, health benefits, paid time off,
401 (k), employee discount and a casual work environment. Positions
at GameStop may also be eligible for a bonus and/or other
$15.00 - $16.00
Keywords: GameStop, Troy , Guest Advisor (Store 6649), Other , Rensselaer, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!