Assistant to the Coordinator of Student Services EOC-NTP-11322
Company: Hudson Valley Community College
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC) located
in scenic Upstate NY is a multi-campus College with locations in
Troy and Malta New York. HVCC offers more than 80 degree and
certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts;
Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
(STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State
University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000
students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career
and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance
learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson
Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and
sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in
Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees,
the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and
economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Capital District Educational Opportunity Center seeks experienced,
dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to
join our team and continue to build on decades of successful
service to our community.
Assistant to the Coordinator of Student Services
Please Note: In order to be considered an applicant for this
position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this
announcement. HVCC does not support visa applications. Applicants
must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to
work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon
completion of a background check.
Qualifications for Employment
Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years' relevant, paid work
experience or; Associates Degree with four (4) years paid relevant
work experience. High School Diploma or Equivalent and six (6)
years paid relevant work experience.
Must have a valid driver's license.
1. A minimum of one (1) year experience working with data gathering
(preparing and reviewing).
2. Experience in Ellucian Banner a plus.
3. Experience in student placement or testing a plus.
4. Experience in budget monitoring and maintenance.
5. Commitment to cultural diversity, affirmative action, and
working with low income populations.
6. Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in all work
7. Ability to be flexible and multi-task.
8. Demonstrated verbal and written communication and interpersonal
9. Demonstrated organizational skills.
10. Ability to work well independently as well as part of a
11. Patient and congenial personality.
Nature and Scope of Duties
The Assistant to the Coordinator of Student Services reports to the
Coordinator of Student Services and performs the following
1. Supports and assists the Coordinator of Student Services in the
execution of all departmental functions.
2. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student
Services - Testing in the execution of all testing.
3. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student
Services - Enrollment in the execution of enrollment management
4. Supports and assists the Assistant Coordinator of Student
Services - College and Career Services as directed.
5. Assists EOC staff in regard to departmental and center
6. Makes recommendations to improve the operation of departmental
and office procedures.
7. Assists the Coordinator of Student Services in departmental
activities including but not limited to: with training,
professional development, and special project activities.
8. Maintains records, completes reports, and compiles data related
to EOC and department functions.
9. Works closely with all aspects of EOC related database(s) and
assists with activities associated with but not limited to data
integrity and reporting, particularly as they relate to department
activities and functions.
10. Utilizes, maintains, and updates Excel spreadsheets for
recording, tracking, and execution of various departmental
functions and activities.
11. Organizes and maintains general departmental files, both
electronic and hard copy.
12. Maintains custody of departmental and office equipment assigned
to the department.
13. Promotes and maintains positive communication and interactions
with EOC staff and other "customers" in performance of duties.
14. Keeps Coordinator informed at all times of departmental
15. Responds to oral and written internal and external
16. Monitors and tracks status of departmental activities.
17. Cooperates with other center offices and staff, as
18. Enforces Center regulations.
19. Attends and participates in meetings as necessary and
20. Works some evening assignments (may be up to 2 nights per week)
as necessary to assist in departmental activities.
21. Works some weekend assignments from time to time.
22. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
The salary for this position is $38,000.00. Hudson Valley offers a
competitive benefit package which includes low cost health
insurance, tuition waivers for employees, their spouses and
children and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online
application before the close date ofJanuary 22, 2023
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of
traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that
fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression.
Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.Women,
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Keywords: Hudson Valley Community College, Troy , Assistant to the Coordinator of Student Services EOC-NTP-11322, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!