Company: Core & Main
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job Summary Entry level operation of CNC tools and machinery.
Set up and operation of numerical control machine tools that
automatically mill, drill, broach and ream metal and plastic parts.
May be adjusting the machine for feed and speed, change of cutting
tools or adjusting machine controls when appropriate. Major Tasks,
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Select, measure, assemble and set machine tools such as drill
bits and milling or cutting tools using precision gauges and
- Involves such processes as insertion of materials, clamping,
fitting parts and use of some hand tools. May cut pipe to specific
dimensions as required by fabrication job. May align layout marks
with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure
accurate application of adhesive.
- May perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and
electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools, and
electronic and pneumatic tooling
- May create shop drawing to indicate specific components that
will be processed using the V-Groover.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes. Place
finished goods on the designated pallet.
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and
material requirements. Maintain the work area and equipment in a
clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety
regulations. Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to
ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Nature and
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor. Work Environment
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from things as
dust, fumes, or odors.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward. Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable Education
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- AutoCAD Certification.
- CNC experience is a must. About Core & MainBased in St. Louis,
Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain
and fire protection products in the United States. Operating
approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local
expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and
municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging
infrastructure. Core & Main s 3,500 plus associates are committed
to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help
communities thrive. Visit to learn more. Core & Main is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based
solely on a person s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including
breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law. None
of the questions in this application are intended to elicit
information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any
limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon
non-job-related information or protected characteristics. For more
information, please click here or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, Troy , CNC Operator, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!