Warehouse Order Selector - Now Hiring- Sysco
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company: US0025 Sysco Albany, LLCZip Code:12065Minimum Level of
Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0IMMEDIATELY
HIRING Warehouse Order Selectors up to $76,000/year & $1,000 sign
- $1,000 sign on bonus
- Hiring immediately
- Earn up to $76,000 per year including base, overtime, and
- Industry-leading total rewards package
- On-the-job training with career growth opportunities
- Overtime opportunitiesJOB SUMMARYThis is a warehouse position
responsible for operating an electric pallet jack or forklift,
selecting the correct products from warehouse racking, labeling
product using label technology, palletizing product as it is
selected to build customer orders and delivering product to the
dock in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires working
6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift until all product is accurately
selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working weekends and
holidays are required in order to successfully fill customers'
orders. The job requires working in areas with temperature and
humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on
selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).
- Active, physical role that includes operating an electric
pallet jack, and/or forklift
- Organizing and palletizing product to build customer
- Safe working environment, working in areas with temperature and
humidity variations based on local weather conditions and type of
product being selected (i.e., non-refrigerated, refrigerated, and
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of
fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer.
- Operate assigned SOS unit to create labels; correctly place
labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting
procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Follow sanitation requirements in order to comply with policy
set forth by the Company and by AIB (American Institute of
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective
equipment. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely
operate all mechanical equipment.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100
pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches; constantly bend and twist
while operating a pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items
from lower shelf areas.
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- 18+ years of agePreferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 6 months warehouse experience and/or 6 months operating an
electric pallet jack or forklift and/or a history of physical
nature roles preferredProfessional Skills:
- Able to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established
through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift,
in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product, placement, and
inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates
to the job and to the safety regulations.Physical Demands:The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting
environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).Working Conditions:The above
information on this description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by associates within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of
knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s
Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: associate, ayudante de almacen y
reparto, logistics operation, logistics support, operate, operator
night, warehouse agent, warehouse operation, warehouse technician,
Keywords: SYSCO, Troy , Warehouse Order Selector - Now Hiring- Sysco, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!