Quality Control Associate
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job SummaryResponsible for the documentation of product
performance and/or test results. Inspect materials and/or products
for conformance to specifications. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Verifies product/material meets requirements of CTQ
specifications and customer's unique specifications. Compares
product with production and drawing for conformance by conducting
quality sampling plan and data collection.
- Maintains all testing equipment. Verifies specified dimensions
of product or material per drawing using calipers, micrometers and
- Maintains up-to-date records of required third party
inspections and calibrations of testing equipment.
- Examines product/material for defects. Rejects defective
product/materials and records type of defect. Recognize when
manufacturing process needs to be stopped, product quarantined, or
changes needed to ensure quality product leaves factory.
- Monitors performance(s) in required areas and according to
agreed upon standards and updates Quality job aids.Works with
customers and suppliers where quality issues are impacted and/or
affected. Conducts analysis of Returned Product to improve
- Packages and protects product as required.
- Validates incoming raw material quality and works with
supplier/purchasing to remedy problems.Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.Work Environment
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or
standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle
material or equipment of moderate weight (8 - 20 pounds).
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required.Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with ASTM specifications or other quality
- Strong computer skills and ability to use MS Office Excel.
- Knowledge of MFG Processes such as RTF, Printing and
- Ability to use various test & measure devices such as test
ovens, calipers, tape measures and temperature gauges.
About Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading
distributor of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection
products in the United States. Operating approximately 275 branches
nationwide, the company combines local expertise with a national
supply chain to provide contractors and municipalities innovative
solutions for new construction and aging infrastructure. Core &
Main's 3,500 plus associates are committed to the safe distribution
of water and fire protection to help communities thrive. Visit to
learn more. Core & Main is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on a person's
merit and qualifications directly related to professional
competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against any employee
or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national
origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status,
pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding),
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, status with regard to public assistance,
citizenship, or any other basis protected by law. None of the
questions in this application are intended to elicit information
regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation,
illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related
information or protected characteristics. For more information,
please click here or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, Troy , Quality Control Associate, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!