Baker - Senior - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
The Baker - Senior coordinates and/or supervises daily production
of baked goods; participates in costing and ordering related to
bakery items/products/menu; responsible for portion and inventory
control; produces pastry/desserts for the account within budgetary
guidelines as directed. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Places products into correctly prepared pans.
- Regulates the drafts and temperatures of the ovens.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Serves as a Lead Baker following recipes and/or product
- May direct and coordinate activities of bakery personnel.
- Prepares items from scratch such as breads, rolls, muffins,
biscuits, pies, cakes, cookies pastries, and other desserts.
- Checks production and keeps records in order to accurately plan
- Measures and mixes baking ingredients using a variety of
- Molds ingredients into loaves/shapes.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as needed.
- May decorate cakes, cookies, pastries and other desserts.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 more years of related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food handling skills.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Applies substantial baking skills appropriate for the
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: baker, cafe, commercial, commercial kitchen,
deli chef, kitchen, lead, prep chef, tavern, team lead
Keywords: Sodexo, Troy , Baker - Senior - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!