Catering Sous Chef - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
The Supervisor - Senior may work in any type of food location on
client premises. This individual provides oversight at the
direction of management on site to coordinate routine work
activities of workers and/or service employees engaged in food
operations or services at either larger complex facilities or
locations in the areas of commercial, health care, schools,
universities or other establishments. This individual will provide
support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and
employees during the normal course of business. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the
facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of
subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or
functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- Promote the development of the foodservice team.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Maintains key control of operations and responsible for
activities to ensure opening, closing and daily procedures are
- Serves as a working lead supervisor coordinating activities of
workers or service employees engaged in food operations or services
at larger complex facilities of commercial, health care facility,
school, campus or other establishments.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1or more years related work experience.
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push, and/or pull, and
frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: cafe, corporate kitchen, culinary, culinary
school, executive, kitchen, restaurant assistant chef, salad chef,
service manager, tavern
Keywords: Sodexo, Troy , Catering Sous Chef - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!