Stock Worker and Receiver - Sr - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should
have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall
rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a
healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We
also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
The Stock Worker and Receiver -Senior is responsible for receiving
merchandise, unloading or unpacking it, marking it with codes to be
identified, stocking shelves, and helping customers place orders.
They work in stores, warehouses, stockrooms, and other storage
facilities. This individual provides oversight at the direction of
management on site to coordinate activities of employees engaged in
operations or services at either larger complex facilities or
locations in the areas of commercial business, leisure, health
care, schools, universities or other establishments. He/She will
provide support to management in the daily oversight of key
functions and employees during the normal course of business. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
and prepares items for shipment.
- Receives, lifts, moves, stores, issues, counts, sorts, weighs
and verifies items on requisitions or invoices.
- Receives and processes a wider variety of incoming freight,
including stationery supplies, chemicals, electronic equipment, and
other materials on a daily basis across perimeter buildings and
according to priority.
- Compares incoming and outgoing shipments to bills of lading,
invoices, orders, or other records to verify information.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping
procedures, routes, and rates.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
- Fills orders, issues supplies from stock and rotates stock to
- Resolves delivery problems using a computerized account
- Maintains confidentiality of all items received and
- Assembles and delivers equipment such as glassware carts.
- Utilizes in-house inventory tracking system.
- Prepares assets for distribution, including transportation and
- Returns damaged items or other items to vendors that do not
meet Sodexo specifications.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of storage areas by
sweeping and mopping.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable HACCP/OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides
suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the coordination of routine day-to-day
activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific
work or functional activities as directed by on-site
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to coordination of
routine daily duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as
quality, service and problem resolution.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity accordance with Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years lead or supervisor experience or equivalent business
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.
- May require a valid driver's license.
- May require fork lift operation.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to
defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in
outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Associated topics: analyst, generalist, leader, logistics
management, manager, senior, rep, representative, warehouse,
Keywords: Sodexo, Troy , Stock Worker and Receiver - Sr - Sodexo Dining Services @ RPI - Troy, NY, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!