Technician (Fire Protection)
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: September 3, 2021
Perform skilled, technical work in the
design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance, and repair
for assigned product or process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Provides expertise related to product implementation and
- Provides technical solutions and design implementations for
products and services.
- Builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies equipment,
parts, components and assemblies.
- Analyzes and interprets test data.
- Evaluates performance and reliability of materials.
- Performs routine analysis and calculation and recommends
- Diagnoses and reports malfunctions.
- Learns and understands particular technical equipment; attends
training and completes certification as required.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques. Work
typically involves regular review of output by a senior co worker
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires
lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight
(8 - 20 pounds).
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as
dust, fumes or odors.
- Must be a minimum
of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- 2 year technical degree.
- 3-5 years experience.
- Strong aptitude in electrical components, pneumatics, and
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Troy , Technician (Fire Protection), Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!