FT Pharmacy Technician - Hannaford
Company: Delhaize America
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Essential Job Functions:
Support and work with pharmacist to achieve outstanding
Actively assist the pharmacist under their direct supervision in
most phases of prescription filling of new, refill and transfer
prescriptions in accordance with current laws, ethics and company
Maintain confidentiality of customer and company
Thoroughly understand and operate the pharmacy register,
computer software and telephony system.
Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer focus both in
person and on telephone.
Assist in maintenance of third party prescription information
and resolution of rejected adjudication.
Initiate prescription renewal requests to doctor via telephone
call or fax where applicable by law.
Understand pharmacy inventory control procedures, including
special requirements for controlled substances.
Receive and obtain information needed on written prescriptions
or telephoned refill requests from customers.
Perform register functions and bag customer purchases in
accordance with established store procedures, including verifying
customer's name, address and expected quantity of prescriptions at
time of pickup.
Relay specific communications to customer from technician or
pharmacist processing prescription.
Maintain solid communication within the department.
Successfully apply training to everyday pharmacy practice.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the position,
with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous
service and assistance.
- Help pharmacists prepare prescriptions by counting or pouring
containers, and pricing prescriptions.
Ensure customers receive all their prescriptions.
File written prescriptions forms after prescriptions are
Prepare and complete manual insurance claim forms.
- Maintain organized filing system for invoices, manual insurance
claims, daily reports,
etc. in accordance with Standard Practice Manual and state
Help customers find over the counter items.
Maintain a broad understanding of HBC MPP scheduling system.
Assist in data entry of MPP information.
Maintain attendance and vacation log information.
Understand Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
Order, stock, maintain and return pharmacy inventory through
- Assist in processing pharmacy outdates and credits including
keeping inventory free
from outdated product.
Assist in preparation of pharmaceutical products for
- Share in responsibility for department maintenance and
cleanliness in accordance with
Maintain pharmacy department supplies (e.g. bottles, bags,
labels, staples, etc.).
Observe and adhere to all company policies and the Pharmacy
Standard Practice Manual.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times
and comply with
company personal appearance policy.
Work within our company's management planning guidelines to
- Support company's safety standards. Communicate any needed
equipment repairs or
maintenance work needed. Keep work area free of debris and
Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity and respect.
Maintain the quality of department's appearance and
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug
testing as required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and a demonstrated ability to learn new
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Effective time management skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks
and technical requirements of the job.
- Good problem solving abilities, ability to focus and attention
- High levels of integrity, professionalism and
Stand 100% of the time with occasional walking short
Use computer/keyboard/mouse/biometric scanner 100% of time.
Use hands to frequently/continuously handle a variety of sizes
of containers then manipulate individual pills/capsules and the
equipment used to count them.
Clerical accuracy skills and mathematical skills including the
ability to operate cash register.
Ability to use staplers, calculators, communication and computer
Frequent/continuous reaching, grasping, lifting, and carrying up
to 20 lb. below the waist level and at or above shoulder level.
Bend at the knees and waist repetitively up to 30% of the work
- Have sufficient visual acuity and audio capability to process
prescriptions and service customers. Apply On-line
Keywords: Delhaize America, Troy , FT Pharmacy Technician - Hannaford, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!