Patient Support Specialist
Company: Community Care
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Capital Region Women's Care is hiring a full-time Patient
Support Specialist to join their team!
This is a 40 hour work week, Monday - Thursday.
The ideal candidate will have superior customer service skills,
preferably in the medical field. This position is formerly known as
a Medical Secretary.
- Greeting and checking in patients when they arrive to the
- Process incoming telephone calls/messages based on office
policy and procedure.
- Schedule appointments for patients, following office protocols
for access to care.
- Schedule all follow up appointments as directed by the
providers or as indicated on encounter forms.
- Obtain patient signature on the appropriate waiver(s) according
to insurance requirements
- Organize and monitor the provider's daily schedule.
- Maintain timely patient flow.
- Verify patient insurance coverage/demographic information at
each visit and update when necessary
- High school graduate or equivalent with additional education
- Previous clerical experience in a medical practice
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures
- Ability to use interpersonal skills to establish/maintain
cooperative relationships with patients, family members,
physicians, providers, managers, co-workers and external
- Maintain strictest confidentiality and discretion.
If you are
Keywords: Community Care, Troy , Patient Support Specialist, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!