CNA - Heritage House, Troy, Full time/Part time Positions Available. All Shifts!
Company: Trinity Health Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Certified Nursing Assistant
If you are looking for a rewarding position in the long-term
care setting and looking for a part-time or full time job to meet
your schedule, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's
Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places
- Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition
allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all
What you will do:
- Assist nursing personnel in providing basic care for residents,
necessary unit tasks and functions. Carries out assignments as
instructed in a safe, appropriate and timely manner.
- Maintain standards of Nursing Care; performs selected resident
care as directed by the RN or LPN while maintaining the dignity of
the resident and in accordance with policies, procedures, and
- Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing
and performing assigned tasks.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest
and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment through the
unit and shift.
Provide Resident Care;
- Assists resident with hygiene needs (baths, mouth care, hair
care, removes facial hair-shaving, nail care, back care).
- Assists with feeding of those residents able to chew and
swallow without difficulty.
- Employs special oral feeding techniques for residents with
- Measures intake and output accurately and documents on
worksheet and graphic sheet.
- Check and report bowel movements and character of stools as
- Performs routine colostomy care.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Weighs resident using upright, chair and bed scale.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations, as
- Maintains safety measures.
- Transfers or weighs residents using appropriate lift.
- Assists residents in use of bathroom, shower urinal, bedpan and
commode for residents.
- Keep residents dry (i.e. change gown, clothing, linen, etc.
when it becomes wet or soiled).
- Change bed linens, make beds, provide extra covers as
requested. Keep linens tight to avoid wrinkles from forming under
- Ambulates residents, including those using canes and walkers,
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity
and social programs, etc.
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position,
assist with turning residents, and assist with lifting, turning,
moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of
beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Performs skin assessment and notifies Charge Nurse of any
abnormalities in skin integrity.
- Measures and documents vital signs and weights. Report any
variation in vital signs and weights. Report any variation in vital
signs to Charge Nurse.
- Apply cold packs and warm compresses.
- Upholds residents Bill of Rights.
- Documents resident-related tasks in appropriate records.
- Assists with post mortem care and discharge of resident
- Assists with post mortem care and caring for personal
belongings of the deceased.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-services, and
educational classes a required.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English; High School
Diploma or equivalent life-experience preferred.
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance
with New York State.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a sincere
desire to serve others.
- Must be able to relay information concerning a resident's
- Must have patience, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as
well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must possess the ability to work professional with other staff,
residents, family members, and outside agencies/visitors.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Corporation, Troy , CNA - Heritage House, Troy, Full time/Part time Positions Available. All Shifts!, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!