Paraprofessional Role - PCA - New Pay Rates!-
Company: Living Resources
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Paraprofessional Role - PCA - New Pay Rates! EOE StatementWe are
an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DescriptionTITLE:Personal Care Aide(Currently certified PCA's)Day,
Evening and weekend shifts available (various hours), caring for
people in their homes.Come in for an interview and your name will
be entered into a drawing for a Gift Card for the Recovery
Room!!!POSITION SUMMARY:The Personal Care Aide provides some or
total assistance to the client in areas of personal hygiene,
dressing, feeding and nutritional and environmental support
functions. Such services will be prescribed by a physician in
accordance with the plan of treatment for the client. All services
provided will be under the supervision of a registered professional
- Bathing of the client in the bed, the tub or in the
- Grooming, including care of hair, shaving and ordinary care of
nails, teeth and mouth.
- Toileting; which may include assisting the client on and off
the bedpan, commode or toilet; changing of attends as needed,
- Assisting with ambulation, within the home and outside the
- Transferring from bed or wheelchair.
- Prepares and serves meals including simple modified diets.
- Assist in feeding.
- Performs incidental household tasks essential to the client's
health needs and in accordance with the plan of care.
- Provides routine skin care.
- Uses medical supplies and equipment such as walkers and
wheelchairs, as instructed.
- Assists in changing simple non-sterile dressings, as
- Assists client in self-administration of medications, as
- Observes, records and reports changes in the client's physical,
mental or environmental conditions to the RN Supervisor.
- Documents all care delivered according to policy and procedures
and submits all required all documentation and required paperwork
to the agency within designated time frames.
- Observes infection control practices and Standard
- Attend training in-services at a minimum of three (3) hours
- Participates in Quality Improvement
and/or Part-Time LocationLiving Resources Corporation - Rensselaer
County - Troy Position RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS:A Valid NYS
Driver's license and your own vehicle are required.
- Current Certification as a Personal Care Aide per state
regulations is required.
- Minimum age of eighteen (18) years.
- Exhibit maturity and mental and emotional stability.
- Ability to read and write, understand and carry out directions
and instructions, record messages, document and keep simple
- Sympathetic attitude toward providing services for clients at
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and a basic understanding of the
duties of a Personal Care Aide and the needs of the client.
- Willingness to provide services to cases in all counties served
by the agency,
- Ability to work with others as part of a team.BenefitsWe offer
great benefits including Paid Training, Health, Dental & Vision
Insurance, Payment In Lieu of Health Insurance, Tuition Assistance,
Retirement Programs and we have a Free On-Site Fitness Center in
our main office in Albany!There are also opportunities to advance
within our agency!This position is currently accepting
Keywords: Living Resources, Troy , Paraprofessional Role - PCA - New Pay Rates!-, Other , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!