Company: Velan Studios, Inc.
Posted on: May 5, 2022
We are Velan Studios, an independent game developer with a
passion for the unconventional, and we are looking for a veteran
gameplay programmer, a creative builder who loves to iterate. This
is a highly collaborative role, working closely with artists,
designers, and programmers. We have three requirements:
- As a gameplay implementer, we are looking for at least four
years of professional experience creating game mechanics.
- As a programmer, we use C (our preference) and C++ (if we
must), to create games and related things. You must be very
comfortable in C and C++ and have produced at least one major
project using C/C++.
- Our curiosity drives us. You must be deeply curious about
something and have some evidence of that curiosity. We are looking
for candidates that demonstrate a pattern of persistent and
Some things you might find yourself doing in this role:
- Brainstorming new game mechanics with the team.
- Jumping into game code/script to implement.
- Modifying the level editor to support a new game mechanic.
- Presenting a rough version of a new mechanic to the team and
- Taking a rough version of a game mechanic to a debugged,
optimized, and shippable state.
While gameplay is your area of expertise, we do not hire
programmers so that they may work exclusively in one specialized
area. Programmers should own areas of our technology, but have the
flexibility to work across the codebase. Future members of our team
need to be ready to embrace our studio values including:
- World class games through unconventional thinking.
- Respect for players and colleagues. Ready for the
responsibility that comes from that respect.
- Regional technology and game development community
About Velan Studios:
Velan Studios is an independent studio comprised of a passionate
and diverse team of seasoned developers. We are the creators behind
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit and Knockout City. Velan Studios'
mission is to create ground-breaking game experiences centered on
new forms of play across both existing and emerging platforms.
Velan Studios maintains a team of both remote and on-site
employees. On-site employees work from our office in Troy, NY.
Keywords: Velan Studios, Inc., Troy , Gameplay Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!