Physician Assistant - Troy, NY
Company: Landmark Health
Posted on: September 1, 2019
Geriatrics opening in Troy, New York. This and other physician
assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Do you want to make a
difference in healthcare?Landmark Health was created to transform
how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable
members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based
medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are frail,
elderly and ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare
system.Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we
deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is
also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost
to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit
economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and
satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend
quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all
patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.Our
model is finding success throughout the country; we are now the
nation's largest risk-based, in-home medical group, with operations
in six markets and four states across the country.At Landmark, our
interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient
panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and
Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse
Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health and
other employed team members.As a Provider, you will manage a small
panel of high-complexity patients in partnership with an RN Nurse
Care Manager. We value quality over quantity; at Landmark you will
be able to invest more time in your patient visits than you are
normally able to spare in a traditional fee-for-service model. Our
home visits typically last 30 minutes to an hour, which grants you
time to complete medication management, disease education, and
collaborate with your extended Landmark team or with community
clinicians. As a Provider, you will be expected to perform the
- Perform a comprehensive initial assessment for newly enrolled
- Manage patient care on a longitudinal basis, with the primary
objective of delivering proactive chronic disease care and
significantly reducing avoidable hospitalizations
- Diagnose, prescribe and treat within the scope of the Physician
Assistant and consistent with standard of care.
- Partner with the patient's primary care provider and
specialists to deliver integrated care.
- Participate in a rotated on-call program for home-based patient
- As a Provider at Landmark, you will benefit from the following:
- Excellent compensation and benefits, including a robust bonus
program, market-leading Paid Time Off (PTO), CME reimbursement,
auto allowance, child care benefits, and more.
- A team-based clinical environment, where you will find
mission-driven clinicians who are passionate about fixing our
broken system of care.
- An outcomes-oriented model, where more value is placed on
high-quality clinical outcomes than on productivity.
- Geriatric expertise – Landmark invests significantly in
provider education, with a particular focus on geriatrics and
home-based medical care. You will also be paired with a Landmark
Physician to provide supervision as required.
- Qualifications & Requirements:
- Full-time employee status only.
- Completion of Physician Assistant (PA) accredited program.
- 2+ years of clinical PA experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care.
- Current unrestricted PA state license, and current state
- Passion for geriatric care and patients
- Comfort with conducting house calls. Keyphrases: gerontologist
jobs, long term care nurse jobs, long term care nursing jobs
Keywords: Landmark Health, Troy , Physician Assistant - Troy, NY, Healthcare , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!