Clinical Nurse II: POCU/ASU
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Department/Unit:Ambulatory SurgeryWork Shift:Evening (United
States of America)Our Preop and Ambulatory Surgery Unit is looking
for a full-time evening Registered Nurse.
We provide care for patients in preop area and recovery after
ambulatory procedures utilizing valued teamwork approach.Hourly
Min= $34.65Hourly Max= $35.69Clinical NurseJob Description
- Implements physician orders, administers medications, starts
IVs, performs treatments, procedures and special tests, and
document treatment as required by company policy and
local/state/federal rules and regulations.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patients' conditions.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to,
- Applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management
- Provides primary and emergency care for occupational and
non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Administers over-the-counter and prescription medications as
- Participates in patient/family teaching based on the
developmental age of patient and type of procedure.
- Collaborates with the nursing team to create a Plan of Care for
- Directs and guides ancillary personnel and maintain standards
of professional nursing.Minimum Qualifications
- Graduate of a professional academic nursing program in which a
Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree is conferred
- Must hold current NYS Registered Nurse license
- Obtains and maintains certification in Basic Life Support
- Excellent communication, prioritization, organizational and
- Possesses knowledge of quality concepts, principles, and
problem-solving tools and techniques and demonstrates ability to
apply in support of departmental and patient care quality
improvement.Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical
Center!---Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.This role
may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany
Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including
but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other
information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that:Access to information
is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to
properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not
exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an
intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med
Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that
information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Troy , Clinical Nurse II: POCU/ASU, Healthcare , Waterford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!