RN Supervisor - Pediatric Neurology, Outpatient Practice
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Department/Unit:HBD - Pediatric NeurologyWork Shift:Day (United
States of America)This Nurse Supervisor provides day to day
coordination of the clinical activity within the department to
ensure smooth operation of the practice including adequate and
appropriate staff coverage, maintenance of clinical standards, and
a safe physical environment of care. Works collaboratively with
physicians and administrative staff to provide continuity of care
and access care in the clinical care setting. Assures regulatory
compliance, provides education to staff, patients, and families and
acts as a liaison between clinical and administrative staff. The
Nurse Supervisor is responsible for
maintaining an efficient, cohesive and productive work team within
the Department and to help the practice achieve the institutional
mission of high-quality provision of care for patients.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to: A.
Mission, Core Values and Service Excellence:
- 1. Contributes to the creation of a compassionate and caring
environment for patients, families and colleagues through displays
of kindness and active listening. Recognizes and appreciates that
each employee's work is valuable and contributes to the success of
- 2. Demonstrates excellence in daily work. Actively participates
in performance and quality improvement activities and works toward
enhancing customer/patient satisfaction. Revised December 2018 Page
2 of 6
- 3. Exhibits positive service excellence skills to patients,
visitors and coworkers by greeting others in a friendly manner,
keeping customers/patients/colleagues informed about progress,
delays and changes.
- 4. Demonstrates effective teamwork by interacting in a positive
manner with colleagues and creating a collaborative work
environment. Initiates open communication, conveys positive intent,
- 5. Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients,
visitors, colleagues by following established procedures and
protocols, which address the needs of a diverse patient population
- 6. Demonstrates stewardship by thoughtful and responsible use
of resources including maintaining a clean and hospitable
environment, starting work on time, displaying a consciousness
regarding costs, supplies and department finances.
- 7. Demonstrates respect for individual differences of each
person by acknowledging the essence of each person, appreciating
and responding to unique, spiritual, personal and cultural
backgrounds of patients, families and colleagues.B. Patient
- 1. Assesses patient feedback and act as a liaison to ensure
patient satisfaction while protecting the welfare of the Division,
Department, Practice and Institution.
- 2. Investigates and addresses patient complaints with support
of Practice Coordinator and Nurse Manager
- 3. Train and monitors staff on proper policies and clinical
management to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction and
quality of care possible.
- 4. Monitors site workflow to ensure optimal efficiency and
makes appropriate adjustments or provides support/ training when
- 1. Collects and manages clinical related stoplight reports and
addresses clinical issues within the division.
- 2. Monitors staff performance through consistent measurement.
Recommends opportunity for improvement, initiates training and or
corrective actions, focuses on improvement of staff abilities.
- 3. Directly supervises all clinical support staff by being
physically present intermittently at the site during business hours
and to be reachable to address staff questions or emergencies after
hours and on weekends.
- 4. Coordinates daily workflow of clinical staff, delegates
daily tasks to appropriate clinical staff and ensures completion of
- 5. Ensures staff is knowledgeable about institutional
resources, policies, and procedures and be able to share and
communicate this information effectively.
- 6. Maintains effective communication with staff in a timely and
effective manner by coordinating, facilitating, and documenting
staff meetings with clinical staff.
- 7. Ensures that medical equipment functions properly and
understands the process to manage failure as needs arise. Revised
December 2018 Page 3 of 6
- 8. Works with the division physicians, administrative staff and
nurse manager to ensure compliance with The Joint Commission and
any other governing regulatory authority.
- 9. Participates in Environment of Care Surveys with Practice
- 10. Reviews and maintains OSHA and SDS compliance manuals.
- 11. Orders and stocks supplies and medications as needed for
clinical areas. Maintains inventory records to ensure fiscal
responsibility, working within budgetary confines within the
- 12. Maintains tracking logs- i.e., refrigerator temps, QC
checks for CLIA waved testing, medication samples, emergency
- 13. As staffing needs demand, support all clinical needs within
their department to include but not limited to: assist with
telephone triage, administer medications, provide direct patient
care, assist the providers, task completion, medication prior
authorizations, and prescription.D. Administrative Liaison
- 1. Provides proactive administrative and staff support in a
patient centered environment.
- 2. Functions as an administrative liaison to internal and
- 3. Advocates for patients, families and staff.
- 4. Provides input to Nursing Management for quality
- 5. Ensures clinical staff is documenting properly, giving age
appropriate care, gathering data correctly, and facilitating care
in a customer friendly manner.E. Consultation
- 1. Functions as a resource to staff for solving complex
- 2. Maintains up to date knowledge regarding legal aspects of
nursing policies and procedures and regulations governing the
organization, and shares knowledge openly.
- 3. Assists with resolving conflicts between individual needs
and the requirements of the organization.
- 4. Supports and promotes lifelong learning using the
organization's established empowerment process.
- 5. Acts as a mentor and consultant to staff in incorporating
the organization's mission, vision and values to enhance patient
satisfaction by anticipating and exceeding patient's needs.F. Human
- 1. In close cooperation with the Practice Manager, develop a
superior clinical workforce by interviewing, hiring and training
staff to maintain and expand their skillsets.
- 2. Monitors licensure or certifications for clinical staff and
completes CPR tracking.
- 3. Manages payroll and benefits for clinical staff.
- 4. Maintains and updates (no less than every 3 years) job
specific competency tools, job descriptions, ACAs, and
competency-based orientation tools with the assistance of the Nurse
Manager and the Practice Manager.G. Patient Safety
- 1. Supports a system that encourages the identification and
analysis of errors and near misses in the context of a safety
- 2. As assigned, conducts departmental safety inspections to
assure compliance with hospital safety standards as evidenced by
documented inspection reports.
- 3. Is aware of and compliant with all regulatory agency safety
goals and objectives.Thank you for your interest in Albany Medical
Center!---Albany Medical is an equal opportunity employer.This role
may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany
Medical Center, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including
but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other
information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes.
Workforce members are expected to ensure that:Access to information
is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to
properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not
exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an
intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med
Center policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that
information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Troy , RN Supervisor - Pediatric Neurology, Outpatient Practice, Healthcare , Watervliet, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!