Physician / Medical Director - Part Time - Troy, NY -Correctional Health Care (Physician )
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Troy, New York. PCM provides
comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care services to
over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers
throughout the states of PA, MD, NY, FL & NH Correctional health
care is a unique, challenging, and exciting opportunity for today's
medical professional in that it provides the ability to truly
utilize all of your learned medical skills and knowledge on a daily
basis. It is the perfect hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care,
Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine; providing care to an
under-served, diverse, and appreciative patient population. We are
currently looking for a Part Time - Physician / Medical Director to
join our team and provide on-site medical care at the Rensselaer
County Jail in Troy, NY. This is a flexible Part-Time position,
thus requiring up to 8 hours of on-site care per week. Hours are
worked during normal business hours (8:00am-4:30p) To quickly
summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail)
- PTO /Sick Package for Part Time employees provided;
- Particle licensure reimbursement offered, and more. Job
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled workdays according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e.,
physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage
via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to
mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
medical standards. This position is exciting and fast paced, and as
such we must have someone who is able to multi-task well and has
excellent time management skills. They must also have the ability
to work independently and be comfortable with making patient
diagnosis on their own.
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Troy , Physician / Medical Director - Part Time - Troy, NY -Correctional Health Care (Physician ), Healthcare , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!