Licensed Practical Nurse (Req 100253)
Company: Whitney M Young Jr Health Center
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Description:GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:While demonstrating
excellent customer service, assists Whitney Young Health medical
providers to provide maximum quality patient care and education.
Maintains an efficient and effective means of patient flow within
the Medical Units. Ensures optimum safe environment, and ensures
compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA,
NYSDOH) within exam areas.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:Age Specific
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to provide care to
the age groups served (birth and above).
- Demonstrate knowledge of normal growth and development.
- Interpret age-specific responses to treatment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-specific safety precautions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-specific medication dosages and
- Communicate in an age-specific manner.
- Provide age-specific data to other caregivers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of age-specific anticipatory
guidance.Operation / Planning:
- Views daily schedule in EMR, and promptly rooms patients.
- Consistently completes assignments in a timely manner with
minimal assistance or overtime.
- Seeks and accepts additional assignments.
- Sets up exam rooms, office and stocks supplies daily and as
- Assists with orientation of new employees.
- Escorts and directs patients to exam rooms, and support
- Adequately prepares patients and exam rooms as appropriate for
the type of medical visit.
- Cleans rooms and equipment used in between each patient with
provided disinfectant wipes.
- Under the direct supervision of a medical provider or RN,
assists with triage procedures.
- Recognizes and communicates changes in patient condition to
providers in a timely manner.
- Plans for and demonstrates flexibility in personal work flow in
response to changes in patient condition and unit workload.
- Assists patients with the process of eligibility and obtaining
services through various patient assistance programs in
collaboration with RN Care Coordinator and other team members.
- Ensures paperwork for patients under provider that is assigned
is completed (i.e. prior authorizations, transportation services,
prescription services, etc).
- Reviews EMR to determine if health screenings are current.
- Maintains license, registration and certifications as
- Participates in performance improvement activities as
- Maintains responsibility for attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains efficient, effective flow of patients by establishing
work flow priorities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current immunization practices.Data
collection / Documentation:
- Consistently takes and records accurate vital signs.
- Accurately collects and records patient data.
- Obtains computer patient data as necessary.
- Recognizes high risk situations and reports them
- Accurately collects CQI data and other data as required (i.e.
clinical and referral logs, quality control documents).
- Maintains accurate patient telephone and written
- Consistently maintains legible documentation.
- Accurately completes charting, referral, lab and other
- Demonstrates acceptable technical skills in providing patient
- Consistently follows established protocols or clinical
guidelines in providing patient care.
- Consistently follows infection control policies in
administering patient care.
- Consistently provides patient care in consideration of age
- Consistently reinforces patient and family teaching.
- Administers medications safely in accordance with relevant
- Assists any provider as needed.
- Considers patient age and special needs in all care
- Keeps customers informed of delays.Miscellaneous:
- Demonstrates excellence in both internal and external customer
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate HIPAA
compliance, corporate compliance and client confidentiality.
- Ensures and/or remains in compliance with local, state, and
federal regulation, i.e. DHHS HRSA and NYSDOH, and all
accreditation standards (e.g. Joint Commission and NCQA-PCMH).
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as defined by the
Joint Commission and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center.
- Completes other duties as assigned.. Requirements:MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS:Graduate of a registered approved program for
Licensed Practical Nurses with current NYS registration. Basic Life
Support (BLS) certification required. One (1) to two (2) years
patient care experience. Demonstrated excellent customer service
and good communication and interpersonal skills.PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS:One (1) to two (2) years physician office
experience. Basic computer keyboard knowledge. Flexibility to
adjust to schedule changes. Training in laboratory/phlebotomy
techniques. Knowledge of managed care requirements.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status,
pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected
Keywords: Whitney M Young Jr Health Center, Troy , Licensed Practical Nurse (Req 100253), Healthcare , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!