Correctional Medicine Regional Mental Health Specialist Needed in Troy, NY
Posted on: March 15, 2020
Correctional Medicine opening in Troy, New York. This and other
clinical nurse specialist jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com
Overview The RMHS assumes a consultant role within the field
operations organization, meaning they provide guidance, direction
and support of Mental Health programs as assigned by the RDMH. The
RMHS will have a primary focus on supporting the needs of the RMHD
and supporting and training mental health staff within the assigned
region. Under the direction of the RMHD, the RMHS may also be
responsible for providing diagnostic evaluations and therapy
counseling using applied psychotherapy of a non-medical nature to
persons served in compliance with all applicable licensure
standards in the state from the appropriate state licensing board
and federal rules and regulations. Qualifications Education:
- Master's degree in psychology, social work or behavioral
- Trained and licensed to practice independently as a Mental
Health Professional e.g. LCSW, LMFT, LPC, PhD, PsyDExperience:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in correctional
healthcare. Experience in a Mental Health supervisory role at the
site level is strongly preferred
- Multi-site support experience preferredLicenses/Certifications:
- Licensed to practice psychology, counseling or social work in
the State by the appropriate state licensing board
- Licensing in all states within the assigned region is required
for the incumbent
- Current (and must maintain) CPR certification
- The RMHS works closely with sites that may be experiencing poor
patient outcomes, non-adherence to policy/procedure and any other
poor performance metrics and keeps the RDMH abreast of such
- The RMHS may assume the role of an MHC/MHP at the site level if
there is an immediate need.
- May assist with start-ups.
- Monitor standards of care for the persons served using
evidenced-based practices at each facility
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained/onboarded to meet the
requirements of their positions
- Provide mental health training to the staff at designated
- Under the direction of the RDMH, provides clinical support and
supervision for staff through case consultations and debriefings
including critical incident debriefings.
- Provide in-service trainings to staff to raise their level of
understanding of mental illness and to create viable options for
mental health programming within their facility
- Triages and conducts intakes, evaluations and/or
- Ensures staff are trained to make recommendations based on
- Identifies and conducts essential treatment services when
- Recommends and provides treatment plans.
- Assists staff with initiating involuntary hospitalization for
those need to be transferred to outside facilities and generates
- Ensures that staff are assessing for suicidal ideation, provide
suicide prevention intervention and management of suicidal and
- Ensure staff conduct daily rounds and evaluations to assess the
treatment needs of persons served.
- Ensure staff conduct daily sick call, evaluate patients, obtain
medication history, verify current medication consult with
Healthcare prescribers/psychiatrist to continue psychotropic
medications, and discuss conditions falling outside protocol
- Ensure staff are recommending medication evaluations to the
prescriber and assisting in the management of medications,
including identifying side effects
- May provide discharge planning services and ensures on site
staff perform discharge planning services.
- Ensures on site staff are prepared to respond to and provides
crisis intervention in psychiatric emergencies.
- Attends regular treatment team meetings and provides guidance
for local teams as needed.
- Participates in CQI and/or QA studies and group sessions.
- Works effectively with all staff including operations,
security, healthcare and administrative staff
- Provide on-call services as needed
- Provides staff training in relevant mental health issues,
crisis intervention and related topics.
- Document all patient encounters, providing written summaries of
history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Provides services in compliance with Facility and Company
Safety and Mental Health Policies and Procedures
- May assist the RDMH in the interview process, orientation and
training of staff. Completing performance evaluations, peer
reviews, psychological autopsy reports, and performance improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned.Wellpath is an
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer Keyphrases:
correctional medical services jobs, correctional medicine jobs,
correctional health services jobs, prison health services jobs
Keywords: WellPath, Troy , Correctional Medicine Regional Mental Health Specialist Needed in Troy, NY, Healthcare , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!