Manager, Field Services
Posted on: November 19, 2019
Business Unit: Job Summary:
The Manager, Field Services will manage Deep Blue, A Comcast
Company internal teams and contractors to complete cabling, wi-fi
network installations and surveys, efficiently and effectively
while staying in budget and on-time with a focus on quality. This
role will participate in problem solving and resources management
for the operations management team. Core Responsibilities:
-Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and
recommendations to strategic plans and reviews. Prepares and
completes action plans, monitoring the status and overseeing the
team who is executing on the plan. Implement production,
productivity, quality, and customer-service standards. Resolves
problems, complete audits, identify trends, determines system
improvements, and implements change.
- Oversees coordination team scheduling activities and collaborates
with various functional departments? leads to ensure delivery of
implementations meet client objectives and client satisfaction is
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing
budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and
initiating corrective actions.-Lead Wi-Fi network and cabling
installations on customer sites. -Survey properties for potential
network and cable installations. -Represent Deep Blue, A Comcast
Company onsite including leading contractors, communicating with
clients and providing critical information to all stakeholders to
ensure a successful survey, cabling and/or wi-fi
installation.-Provide guidance to all field resources with a focus
on improving technical, professional and organizational skills.
-Work with team to create cabling, survey and installation
schedules that meet demands of clients and work towards overall
goals of Deep Blue, A Comcast Company. -Determine appropriate
resources needed for cabling, surveys and network installations.
Evaluate available resources and schedule best resource for each
- Oversees and develops policies to increase productivity, teamwork
and quality. Provides leadership on business processes and promote
a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Manages team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training,
assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining
employees. Communicates job expectations. - Plans, monitors,
appraises and reviews job contributions. Enforces policies and
procedures. Determines procedures, resolve operational issues, and
ensures personnel receives required information and documentation
to perform their tasks efficiently.
- Proactively analyzes processes and training needs to identify
opportunities for service delivery improvements and increased
-Develops, motivates and coaches team to ensure they achieve
- Review team KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) with supervisors
weekly. Coaches and develops remediation plans as needed to ensure
team members meet KPI objectives. Review team member performance.
Recognizes, rewards, and retains exceptional leadership talent
within the team.
- Ensures project implementation plan is built and formally
delivered to client in presentation format.
- Becomes involved in sales-related efforts to secure
contracts/proposals as needed, which could include onsite travel
for pre sales process, ongoing customer health-check meetings, and
- Acts as an escalation point for clients and internal team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.- Up to 50%
travel to customer sites required. - This position can work
remotely while not at customer sites.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Job
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience Employees at all
levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for
how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of
our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our
digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by
joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Keywords: Comcast, Troy , Manager, Field Services, Executive , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!