Strategic Sourcing Manager
Company: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Our dynamic global community of changemakers includes some of the world's leading researchers, students, alumni, and faculty who ask the important questions and devise the scientific and technological innovations that make the world a better place for all of humanity. Nestled on a beautiful 275-acre campus in upstate NY, Rensselaer is home to five schools, 32 research centers, three makerspaces, an observatory, and one of the world's fastest supercomputers.
Rensselaer faculty and alumni include more than 145 National Academy members, six members of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, six National Medal of Technology winners, five National Medal of Science winners, three astronauts, and a Nobel Prize winner in Physics. With nearly 200 years of experience advancing scientific and technological knowledge, Rensselaer remains focused on addressing global challenges with a spirit of ingenuity and collaboration. To learn more, please visit www.rpi.edu.
*Are you ready to change the world? Apply now! Visit: *https://careers.rpi.edu/en-us/job/493891/strategic-sourcing-manager
The Strategic Sourcing Manager (SSM) provides expertise and experience, using data analysis tools, to fully maximize both contract and cost saving opportunities in assigned commodity areas. The SSM determines Institute-wide contracts which deliver high-quality, value-added goods and services to the Rensselaer community. The SSM represents the Institute in evaluating, negotiating, and awarding contracts with authority to obligate financial and physical resources on behalf of the Institute, consistent with Rensselaer policies.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field/discipline
* 5 or more years years of progressively responsible procurement experience.
* Prior relevant and responsible work experiences in the strategic sourcing of goods and services, preferably in
a university environment is highly desired
_Relevant combinations of education, training and experience may be considered._
*Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities*
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to effectively interact with a diverse group of constituents both internal and external to the Institute
* Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality
* Ability to effectively manage projects
* Effective planning, organizational, and time-management skills
* Must be able to negotiate matters, make decisions, and resolve problems
* Excellent analytical skills
* Strong diplomatic skills which facilitate influencing decisions of others throughout the Institute
* Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
* Must be results-oriented and a dedicated self-starter
* Must possess a high energy level and be responsive to change
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet established goals and objectives
* Proficiency with personal computers and use of Microsoft Office products; experience using purchasing systems (Jaggaer/Banner) is highly desirable
* Knowledge of State and Federal procurement regulations
Business Hours: Monday - Friday
*Total Compensation and Benefits Information*
Rensselaer's Total Compensation Program is designed to provide stable pay growth, a comprehensive and affordable benefits package, and a comprehensive and affordable retiree medical and prescription plan. Rensselaer is recognized locally and nationally for the depth and breadth of its compensation and benefits program. Our goal is to provide you and your family with a comprehensive health and welfare program as an umbrella of financial security and protection during your employment. For more information, please visit Benefits - Human Resources (rpi.edu).
*Culture of Safety at Rensselaer*
Rensselaer is committed to providing a safe and healthy living, learning, and working environment for its faculty, staff and students. As such, we strongly recommend that faculty, staff and students obtain a COVID-19 vaccination and remain current with available boosters to protect themselves, as well as to protect vulnerable members of the community.
_We welcome candidates who will bring diverse cultural, ethnic, national and international perspectives to Rensselaer's work and campus communities._
_Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity, Race/Gender/Veterans/Disability Employer._
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy , Strategic Sourcing Manager, Executive , Troy, New York
here to apply!