Physician / Medical Director - Part Time - Troy, NY -Correctional Health Care
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Troy, New York. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
PCM provides comprehensive medical, mental health, & dental care
services to over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention
centers throughout the states of PA, MD, NY, FL & NH
Correctional health care is a unique, challenging, and exciting
opportunity for today's medical professional in that it provides
the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and
knowledge on a daily basis. It is the perfect hybrid of Primary
Care, Urgent Care, Emergency Medicine, and Addiction Medicine;
providing care to an under-served, diverse, and appreciative
We are currently looking for a -Part Time - Physician / Medical
Director to join our team and provide on-site medical care at the
Rensselaer County Jail in Troy, NY.
This is a flexible Part-Time position, thus requiring up to 8 hours
of on-site care per -week. Hours are worked during normal business
To quickly summary some key points:
- Salaries are negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company-paid liability insurance (including tail)
- PTO /Sick Package for Part Time employees provided;
- Particle licensure reimbursement offered, and more.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled workdays according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e.,
physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage
via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to
mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
This position is exciting and fast paced, and as such we must have
someone who is able to multi-task well and has excellent time
management skills. They must also have the ability to work
independently and be comfortable with making patient diagnosis on
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Troy , Physician / Medical Director - Part Time - Troy, NY -Correctional Health Care, Executive , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!