Food Distribution Manager - Quality Control
Company: Sams Club
Posted on: June 17, 2022
What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's
always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your
sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But
you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel
comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's
Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way
of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs.
Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in
diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.
From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work
of your life.
What you'll do...
- Oversee quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products
in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through
distribution centers to stores and clubs.
- Inspect inbound fresh produce & floral, poultry and meat for
adherence to Sam's Club specifications.
- Participate in companywide initiatives to control costs and
deliver high quality products to Sam's Club members.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and
support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and
- Oversee Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Oversee Sam's fruit ripening program
- Oversee cold chain compliance within the distribution center to
ensure products are kept at proper temperature.
- Provide communication on fresh product quality to the merchant
group and other relevant stakeholders to improve the quality of
- Interface with the vendor community regarding quality of
products being received into Sam's Club Distribution Centers.
You'll make an impact by:
- Making Decisions: you will make decisions about dozens of
products and processes every day. From quality to food safety and
compliance, you will be involved in the decisions that shape
Quality for Sam's Club and our Members.
- Building Relationships: you'll use your knowledge and
leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, merchants,
replenishment and club operations.
- Product Knowledge: your background knowledge will be leveraged
daily, and you will always be learning more to build a broad
foundation across all Fresh departments.
- Creating, collaborating and innovating: you will work with
merchants, suppliers and other quality teams to develop and enhance
product specifications, processes, and engage in other initiatives
to take Sam's Club Fresh quality to the next level.
- Continuous Improvement: Create, analyze, and provide feedback
to merchants and other business partners on daily matters that
could affect our Member's by utilizing performance data to identify
improvement opportunities across all Fresh departments in Sam's
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or
related field and 2 years of experience in agricultural quality
control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4
years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food
retail management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in food safety, vendor management or a
- 2-3 years of experience of poultry or meat industry experience,
preferably quality related.
- 2 years of experience using basic Microsoft Office
functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 3 years of retail produce inspection experience or USDA
- 2 years of fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years of experience in agricultural quality control,
agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your
performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase
plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health
plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We
believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and
the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That
means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique
styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being
inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing
need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since
then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in
the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members,
Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no minimum
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy,
Food Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in
agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or
related field OR 4 years' experience in agricultural quality
control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field. 1
year's of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this
position. If none are listed, there are no preferred
Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Service, Microsoft Office, Retail
300 ENTERPRISE ROAD, JOHNSTOWN, NY 12095-3347, United States of
America Associated topics: assistant general manager, back end,
backend, director food and beverage, food service supervisor,
general operations manager, gerente de cocina, operations manager,
shift leader, shift manager
Keywords: Sams Club, Troy , Food Distribution Manager - Quality Control, Executive , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!