Service Maintenance Manager
Company: The Community Builders
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Service Maintenance Manager About The Community Builders, Inc.Join
a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across
the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's
leading nonprofit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is
to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes
can achieve their full potential.Position Description: Under the
direction of the Community Manager, the Service Maintenance Manager
(SMM) is responsible for all the physical operations of the
community, particularly the preservation and maintenance of the
structures on the site, preparation of market ready homes and
providing ongoing service to the residents. A primary role of the
SMM is to deliver leadership, mentoring and direction to enhance
the skills of employees and foster a collaborative, positive work
environment, and providing a quality living environment for all
residents. Duties include:
- Identifies current and future maintenance project requirements
- Achieves financial objectives by adhering to an annual
- Coordinates projects with purchasing, initiates corrective
actions, and anticipates long-term issues
- Provides recommendations for capital and renovation/project
- Manages inventory control operations
- Prepares routine and special reports by collecting, analyzing
and summarizing information and trends
- Adheres to Federal, State and local regulatory compliance
related to building code
- Oversees and/or assists in capital improvement and renovation
- Manages all vendor services and general contracts
- Manages all HVAC equipment, appliances, vehicles, large power
- Tracks anticipated capital improvements such as carpet,
asphalt, HVAC, hazard and roofing repair and replacement.
- Manages warranty contracts and records
- Prepares Preventive Maintenance Plan which includes: boiler
pressures and temperature, hallway graffiti, elevators, life
safety, emergency lighting, snow logs, stair condition, outside
inspections and certifications, etc.
- Manages shop and maintenance garage / storage areas for
organization, inventory and safety compliance.
- Coordinates inspection and emergency notices that need to go
out to residents
- Set example for a other Service Staff in matters of dress,
appearance and demeanor
- Available for 24-hour emergencies and maintenance on-call
- Commutable radius to property
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service the lights
and ceiling fans.
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 100 pounds across
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.Education &
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some college or
trade school desired or 5 years of progressive responsibility in
property management, hospitality or retail experience
- 3+ years of multi-site, multi-family multi-property type
operational management experience, preferably with a portfolio of
properties that contain a mix of residential property types or a
comparable role in hotel/resort/retail management.
- Must demonstrate a minimum of 4 years advanced experience in
hands on plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and electrical
- Experience in training, budget development and managing
expenses; bid and managing vendors, service and general building
contractors are essential skills.
- One or more industry-Trade certifications (NAHMS, CAMT, OSHA,
HVAC, ETC) required or eligible.
- Willingness to get certification within 6 months of hiring to
meet any specific site/area needs.
- Knowledge of all hand and power tools, cleaning supplies, and
protective equipment. The Community Builders is committed to
ensuring diversity in its workplace. Applicants from diverse
backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Community Builders, Inc. (---TCB---) is a recognized leader in
the public/private transformation of distressed properties into
vibrant, mixed-income communities. Established in 1964, TCB has
over fifty years of experience planning and implementing
comprehensive neighborhood revitalization projects in fifteen
states. TCB was among the pioneers in nonprofit use of the tax code
to raise equity for affordable housing, and at the forefront in
crafting citywide partnerships supporting large-scale redevelopment
and comprehensive neighborhood revitalization efforts through new
uses of public housing funds and of project-based assistance. Over
the years, TCB has assembled more than $2.5 billion in project
financing to construct and/or preserve 320 residential developments
resulting in over 25,000 affordable and mixed-income housing units.
Visit www.tcbinc.org for more information.
Keywords: The Community Builders, Troy , Service Maintenance Manager, Executive , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!