DEAN OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING and MATH
Company: Hudson Valley Community College
Posted on: December 20, 2018
Notice of Vacancy
Applicants are being accepted for the following position on our Leadership Team at Hudson Valley Community College, 80 Vandenburgh Ave, Troy, New York.
Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math HV-NTP-945
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in or related to a curriculum represented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), and three years of progressive administrative experience at the Department Chairperson level or higher that includes program development and implementation, budgetary management, curriculum development/revision and faculty and staff supervision. Demonstrated clear and effective communication skills, commitment and experience in years' experience full-time teaching within a STEM area at a post-secondary institution and experience in supervision of program accreditation at the state or national level required. Evidence of success as an innovator fundraiser capable of securing external grants. The dean oversees all curricular, financial, and personnel-related issues in his/her respective division and must possess a management style that is both decisive and inclusive, fostering collaboration with other academic divisions, college units, as well as with stakeholders across the greater campus community.
Preferred Qualifications: Understanding and/or familiarity with SUNY student transfer policies or similar systemic approaches to student mobility or appropriate comparable experience in a complex university system. Experience in a post-secondary collective bargaining environment that values shared governance a plus. Proven track record implementing technology both in and outside the classroom.
Nature and Scope of Duties: The Dean of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and performs the following duties:
- Promotes the goal and objectives of the College, administers the Faculty Agreement and Department Chairpersons Agreements, and makes recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Provides development and control for the Division and oversees departmental inventory maintenance.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the supervision of instruction and, in collaboration with Department Chairs and/or Curriculum Coordinators, provides academic leadership for the Division.
- Reviews and supports relevant programs, curricula and courses pertinent to Division and monitors program enrollments on a yearly basis.
- May initiate, write, and/or assist in the preparation of external grant applications, and may also retain responsibility for grant oversight, as appropriate.
- Keeps current with trends in education and employment activities related to the academic area with outside agencies.
- Plans and encourages faculty in-service training, graduate study and professional growth.
- Oversees preparation of faculty schedules, examination schedules, class sizes, class loads, and student schedules and submits required catalog and promotional material.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for staff and faculty; prepares and coordinates divisional reports as required by the Vice President for Administration and Finance, the Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Development, or Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Makes recommendations concerning campus-wide policies and regulations.
- Approves and assists in the development of any programmatic or technological upgrades, within budget limits, including all instructional materials for class, laboratory and library usage in academic areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates and assumes leadership role on advisory, departmental and College committees.
- Accomplishes special projects as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Submits an annual report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, describing events and/or accomplishments for those activities under his/her administrative authority including measurable goals for the next academic year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Salary for this position is $90,000.00 plus a generous benefits package.
To apply please visit our web page at before the close date of January 13, 2019.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer
Keywords: Hudson Valley Community College, Troy , DEAN OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING and MATH, Engineering , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!