Administrative Support Associate VI- Physicians Billing
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Department/Unit:Physicians BillingWork Shift:Day (United States
of America)Salary Range: $15.00 - $21.60
This is a medical billing position for a physicians practice.
Providing efficient and timely follow up of delinquent and denied
accounts from third party payers is an essential part of this role.
This position is responsible for securing revenue for services
provided by physicians of Albany Med by competing appeals, phone
calls, and account review.Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED is required. AAS degree is
- Customer service experience required
- Experience providing phone-based customer service a plus
- Proficiency in office software including Excel and Word
- Proficiency utilizing payer websites
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to Multi-task and handle a fast-paced work
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skillsEssential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews charges and data for accuracy and appeals discrepancies
in regards to CPT-4 and ICD-10 codes with Insurance Companies
- Validate and Correct registration and insurance information,
notations, correct claim submission
- Researches and interprets information to efficiently reconcile
- Review and understand payer policy guidelines regarding
- Follow internal policies and procedures for accurate account
- Meet expected production and quality standards
- Other related duties as assignedExtensive on the job training
is provided for this role to ensure knowledge and skills are
sufficient to perform required duties and responsibilities. Hours
for this position will be Monday through Friday, days.Thank you for
your interest in Albany Medical Center! Albany Medical is an equal
opportunity employer.This role may require access to information
considered sensitive to Albany Medical Center, its patients,
affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA
Protected Health Information and other information regulated by
Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected
to ensure that:Access to information is based on a "need to know"
and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties.
Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of
information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable
efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards,
shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected
from unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Troy , Administrative Support Associate VI- Physicians Billing, Administration, Clerical , Waterford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!