Administrative Support Associate VI- Patient Billing
Company: Albany Medical Center
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Department/Unit:Patient Billing ServiceWork Shift:Day (United
States of America)This is a medical billing position for a
physicians practice. Providing efficient and timely follow up of
delinquent and denied accounts from third party payers is an
essential part of this role. This position is responsible for
securing revenue for services provided by physicians of Albany Med
by competing appeals, phone calls, and account
- High school diploma or GED is required. AAS degree is
- Customer service experience required.
- Experience providing phone-based customer service a plus.
- Proficiency in office software including Excel and Word.
- Proficiency utilizing payer websites.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to Multi-task and handle a fast-paced work
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews charges and data for accuracy and appeals discrepancies
regarding CPT-4 and ICD-10 codes with insurance companies.
- Validate and correct registration and insurance information,
notations, correct claim submission.
- Researches and interprets information to efficiently reconcile
- Review and understand payer policy guidelines regarding
- Follow internal policies and procedures for accurate account
- Meet expected production and quality standards.
- Other related duties as assigned.Extensive on the job training
is provided for this role to ensure knowledge and skills are
sufficient to perform required duties and responsibilities. Hours
for this position will be Monday through Friday, days.Thank you for
your interest in Albany Medical Center! Albany Medical is an equal
opportunity employer.This role may require access to information
considered sensitive to Albany Medical center, its patients,
affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA
Protected Health Information and other information regulated by
Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected
to ensure that:Access to information is based on a "need to know"
and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties.
Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of
information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable
efforts, consistent with Albany Med Center policies and standards,
shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected
from unauthorized access and modification.
Keywords: Albany Medical Center, Troy , Administrative Support Associate VI- Patient Billing, Administration, Clerical , Troy, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!